Jason Lee is the author of Living with the Dragon: Healing 15 000 days of abuse and shame.
In this moving memoir, Lee gives an honest and brave account of his life. As a Canadian-born Chinese man in his forties, Lee was raised in a household rife with physical and emotional abuse. He recounts stories of torment, angry outbursts, and beatings in his home that made him feel humiliated and unloved from a young age. Bullying at school and a complicated relationship with his brother who has schizophrenia added to Lee’s feelings of worthlessness and shame.
With stunning vulnerability, Lee confesses to his own emotionally abusive behaviour as an adult. While he sees the connection to his upbringing, he holds himself fully accountable for his bouts of rage and irrational behaviour. He also shares about his personal struggles with depression and anxiety that he only came to realize in recent years.
Through the hard work of counselling, group therapy, meditation, and practices of self-compassion, Lee has turned his life around in remarkable ways and finds his voice to inspire others. In this book, he shares lessons and tools for breaking the chain of abuse from one generation to the next.
In his book, you’ll learn…
- How Childhood Abuse can affect us as adults:
- Recognize that you’re not alone! Like millions of others, Jason is also an Adult Survivor of Childhood Abuse.
- Learn tips on reaching out to your past and making a peaceful connection with it.
- Gain perspective and acceptance of your painful experiences.
- Discover your self-worth.
- How to raise self-awareness in your struggles with Anger and Abuse:
- Take steps on changing those negative thought patterns and beliefs.
- Understand why it’s so difficult for millions of people who have challenges with their self-awareness to find help.
- Learn what it takes to be accountable for your actions.
- How to better understand your Mental Health:
- Discover a wealth of useful resources addressing depression and anxiety.
- Learn tools on how to manage your mental health and ways to reduce stigma.
- Gain insight and knowledge from personal lived experiences that’s from an everyday, relatable and non-clinical perspective.
- How to address difficult life transitions:
- Discover tools and ideas to lead a healthier and more fulfilling life.
- Understand how to discover the true version of “you” and fulfill your passions and goals.
Jason Lee is one of few to go public with his former abusive tendencies. His open and organic approach blazes a trail for men and women who are ready to take the first steps towards changing negative behaviors and who want to embrace life to the fullest!
“There is no greater feeling than liberation and being able to live your most honest self” – Jason Lee
Promotional activity and fact sheet
- May of 2017: Jason was invited to speak at the Vancouver Mental Health Summit to talk about his personal experiences dealing with mental illness and to raise awareness about childhood abuse and its impact on mental health.
- September 14, 2017: Jason was featured in the Tri-City News in Coquitlam, talking about his book and upcoming workshop at LumoHacks.
- September 16, 2017: Jason presented an Anxiety Workshop and provided mentorship to the LumoHacks’ 24 hour Mental Health Challenge in Vancouver. The objective of the event was to use technology to improve the lives of people with mental health challenges.
- September 27, 2017: Jason spoke in Ottawa at a Mental Health Conference to policy makers and mental health organizations. The aims were to support structured intervention programs and advocate strategies to address stigma in mental health. The research was supported in part by the Movember Foundation.
- Jason is featured at the HeadsUpGuys website sharing his personal experience living with depression and how to reduce the stigma for men.
- Online listings of Living with the Dragon is available through Amazon/Kindle, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, Indigo/Chapters, Smashwords and other distributors.
- Advertising platforms on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Jason’s website, Solace (solacinnerhealth.com)
- Upcoming promotional plans include, selling hard copies at Odin Books (a bookstore specializing in Mental Health and Educational Resources) and Chapters, followed by book signing events.
Jason Lee is also a Speaker, Group Facilitator and Collaborator specializing in childhood abuse, anger management, emotional abuse and mental health.
After struggling with his own personal battles with depression, anxiety, anger and abuse, Jason decided to write a book to help and inspire others with personal challenges to seek support. His goal is to reshape societal views on mental illness and raise awareness that it can affect anybody. His lived experience provides him with deep insight and knowledge to skillfully help people who want to take the next steps towards healing. Jason has helped others move forward from their challenges and to learn how to take accountability for their lives. He is compassionate with his approach and driven to inspire and empower people to see their true potential.
Book Title: Living with the Dragon
Subtitle: Healing 15 000 Days of Abuse and Shame
Release Date: October 2017
Format: Soft cover, Ebook, Hard cover
Price (USD): Soft cover: $11.95, eBook: $5.99, Hard cover: $17.95
ISBN: Soft Cover: 9781773701707, Hard cover: 9781773701714
Phone Number: +1 778 686 2038
Email Address: email@example.com